We often avoid the Attitude and Etiquette portion of our pre-show meetings. (Or sometimes that is the only thing we talk about - "don't drink, don't smoke and don't eat your lunch") This segment is vital to your exhibiting success since the outcome is very visible, but it must be presented in the positive if it is to be received and internalized.
- Wear your badge on the right hand side so it can be seen by your visitor when shaking hands
- If you don't know the answer to a question, say so and use it as an excuse to follow up after the show with the answer when you locate it
- Make only those commitments that you and others can keep - visitors remember staffer commitments, especially those that are not kept.
- Exhibiting is a TEAM event - other staffers are counting on you and you on them.
- Visit with prospects, only. A crowd of staffers does not attract a crowd of visitors.
- Smile - 90% of the time if you smile, someone will smile back at you
- The exhibit is your office away from the office- as visitors see your environment, they see your company and make a judgement as to whether they want to do business with you